Thursday, May 10, 2007

Finally, something to show....

As promised heres the first 2 new episodes of our cartoon 'Sparkle Friends' we make for a NZ kids variety show called What Now. This years first episode really felt like we were making last years series. We ended last years series with a cliffhanger and therefore had to kick things off this year by wrapping up that story line, but as soon as we started the 2nd one we kinda took a new approach and really pushed the 'craziness' of the Sparkle Friends 'world' and have since made, possibly, the most insane cartoon for kids to come out of New Zealand! So we're pretty happy!
We also get a little longer to spend on animation this time round, we are giving ourselves 1 week per episode, where-as last year they were from script to screen in one week. We're still killing ourselves though, so thats cool!
Anyways, enjoy these first 2, they only get better (we reckon)...



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Me and my 11 year old son loved the toons.

He went off to school giggling to himself. Good work fella's.

Ken said...

very cool characters ya got here!

Richard said...

Great work guys and lovely design. Keep it coming. I'll make sure to regularly check your stuff. Us "other-end-of-the-world-ers" need to band together and conquer.
On a serious note, I see that you're ex-Freelance Animation School guys. I shouldn't be surprised, I've worked with a few of John Ewing's former students and been very impressed. Stay in touch.
I was wondering how you found me; Cold Hard Flash is obviously on the ball.

Dan Bob said...

great stuff here!

Elliot Cowan said...

Nice.
At the risk of sounding like a complete pedant I think it's worth mentioning that the title of the show is missing a question mark.
"What Now" is a question.
I deserve to be beaten with a sack full of doorknobs...
Say hello to the southern hemisphere for me. It's the best of the hemispheres and I miss it terribly.

Ben Reynolds said...

cool blog man!! Nice stuff..